Terms & Conditions
- AGREEMENT BETWEEN USER AND JOHN WEST FOODS LTD ("JWF")
- ACCESS TO THE SITE - USE OF SITE - PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE LIMITATION
- COPYRIGHTS AND TRADEMARKS
- NOTICES AND PROCEDURES FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
- TERM – TERMINATION
- USER PARTICIPATION
- USER SUBMISSIONS
- VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
- LINKING TO THE SITE
- THIRD-PARTY LINKS
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- APPLICABLE LAWS
- PROMOTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
AGREEMENT BETWEEN USER AND JOHN WEST FOODS LTD ("JWF")
ACCESS TO THE SITE - USE OF SITE - PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE LIMITATION
COPYRIGHTS AND TRADEMARKS
JWF is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site, and in the material published on it, including but not limited to text, design, graphics, interfaces, or code and the selection and arrangements. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. All trademarks, service marks, and trade names (collectively the "Marks") are trademarks or registered trademarks of and are proprietary to JWF, or other respective owners that have granted JWF the right and license to use such Marks.
NOTICES AND PROCEDURES FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
Notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to the website's designated agent. ALL INQUIRIES NOT RELEVANT TO OR NOT COMPLYING WITH THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE WILL RECEIVE NO RESPONSE. JWF respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users and visitors to do the same. JWF will process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the applicable intellectual property laws. Upon receipt of notices, JWF will act to remove or disable access to any material found to be infringing or found to be the subject of infringing activity and will act to remove or disable access to any reference or link to material or activity that is found to be infringing. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide JWF the following information. Please be advised that to be effective, the Notification must include ALL of the following:
- a physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright that is allegedly infringed;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- your address, telephone number, and email address and all other information reasonably sufficient to permit JWF to contact you;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notices of claimed copyright infringement should be directed to:
By mail: John West Foods Ltd.
Liverpool L2 2GA (United Kingdom)
By fax: 0151 236 5465
By Email: Consumercontact@John-West.com (Please include "Notice of Infringement" in the subject line.)
IMPORTANT NOTE: THE PRECEDING INFORMATION IS PROVIDED EXCLUSIVELY FOR NOTIFYING JOHN WEST FOODS LTD THAT YOUR COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL MAY HAVE BEEN INFRINGED. ALL OTHER INQUIRIES, SUCH AS PRODUCT OR SERVICE RELATED QUESTIONS AND REQUESTS, OR QUESTIONS ON PRIVACY, WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE THROUGH THIS PROCESS.
TERM – TERMINATION
These terms and conditions are applicable to you upon your accessing the Site and/or completing the registration. These terms and conditions, or any of them, may be modified or terminated by JWF without notice at any time for any reason. The provisions relating to Copyrights and Trademarks, Disclaimer, Claims, Limitation of Liability, Indemnification, Applicable Laws, Arbitration and General, shall survive any termination.
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. JWF will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately. JWF will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
LINKING TO THE SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. The Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Site other than the home page. JWF reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in these Terms and Conditions.If you wish to make any use of material on the Site other than that set out above, please address your request to Consumercontact@John-West.com
In an attempt to provide increased value to our visitors, this Site may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third party vendors and other third parties (the "External Sites"). However, even if the third party is affiliated with JWF, JWF has no control over these linked sites, all of which have separate privacy and data collection practices, independent of JWF. JWF has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions and is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites. These linked sites are only for your convenience and therefore you access them at your own risk. Links do not imply that JWF sponsors, endorses, is affiliated with or associated with, or has been legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, service mark, design, logo, symbol or other copyrighted materials displayed on or accessible through such External Sites. Nonetheless, JWF seeks to protect the integrity of its Site and the links placed upon it and therefore requests any feedback on not only its own Site, but for sites it links to as well (including if a specific link does not work).You should contact the Site administrator or Webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on such External Sites.
JWF makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of this Site's content or the content of any site or External Sites. JWF does not filter advertisements or other content that children may view through our sites or "hot-linked" sites, and they could receive content and materials from the Internet and/or advertising that are inappropriate for children. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to consider using an electronic filtering software. THIS SITE AND THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SERVICES, AND PRODUCTS IN THIS SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, JWF DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, AND WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. JWF DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE SITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. JWF DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR COMPLETENESS, CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL JWF BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL, DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, EVEN IF JWF HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION UNDER CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR PERFORMANCE OF THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE FROM THIS SITE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless JWF, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers (collectively the "Provider") from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of these terms and conditions or any activity related to your Internet account (including negligent or wrongful conduct), by you or any other person accessing the Site using your Internet account.
Your use of this Site shall be governed in all respects by the laws of England. The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to the Site.JWF's failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these terms and conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any of these terms and conditions. JWF may assign its rights and duties under these Terms and Conditions to any party at any time without notice to you. JWF makes no representation that materials in the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their content is illegal or prohibited. Those who choose to access this Site from locations outside England do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
JWF may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms and Conditions because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms and Conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
Last updated: October 15th, 2007
© John West Foods Ltd - All rights reserved
PROMOTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
JOHN WEST PROMOTIONS T&Cs:
- The Promoter is John West ISI Ltd, a company registered in Ireland with number 476127 and registered office at John West ISI Ltd, 14 Classon House, Dundrum Business Park, Dublin 14•
- Only one entry per person (same name, surname and email address) will be authorized.•
- Promotions are open to residents of the Republic of Ireland aged 18 or over, excluding employees and the immediate families’ employees of the Promoter, agents or anyone professionally connected with the Promotion.•
- By entering the Promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules. All entry instructions form part of the rules.•
- Entry details and Entrant's details may be featured on the John West Ireland Facebook Page. By submitting an entry you consent and grant the Promoter a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable and transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, and make derivative works of your entry in any media and through any media channel.•
- The entry shall be the entrants own work and by entering the Promotion each entrant warrants that their entry shall not have been previously published or exploited in any part and will not infringe any copyright, right of privacy, right of publicity or personality or any other right whatsoever of any third party.•
- The prizes are as stated, they are non-transferable, non- refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part. Winners will be selected by a judging panel from all valid entries received•
- Winner will be notified by private message on Facebook. However, if the prize is not claimed within 48 hours of initial contact the prize will be deemed to be forfeited and an alternative winner may be selected without notice.•
- No purchase necessary.•
- Please allow 28 days for delivery from date of announcement of winner.•
- John West Foods shall have no responsibility or liability for late delivery or if product is misplaced in the post.•
- In the event that a prize cannot be sourced, or in the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.•
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any issues whatsoever with respect to the prize once dispatched to the winner.•
- Limitations of liability:
- Neither the Promoter, its Agents or anyone professionally connected to the promotion, assume any responsibility or liability for: any incorrect or inaccurate personal data entry, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions. Communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regards to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilised in any aspect of this promotion. Inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet or the Facebook page or any combination thereof. The Promoter or its Agents shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise caused by acceptance of the terms and conditions or in connection with any prize (except to the extent that death or any personal injury occurs as a result of the negligence of the Promoter).The Promoter reserves the right to redraw another winner where the entry form is incomplete.•
- Winners may be required to take part in related publicity & winners’ names may be published online.•
- Winners Surname and County are available by sending a SAE to John West Promotion•
- Entrant’s details will be used only for the purposes of notifying entrants or any promotional activities in connection with this Promotion. Entrant's personal information will not be used for any other purpose whatsoever without prior permission.•
- John West reserves the right to terminate, amend or extend this competition in wholly exceptional circumstances unpredictable, irresistible and outside its control . •
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law and the courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.•
- Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Irish data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant's consent.•
- The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and Facebook shall not be liable in any way whatsoever to the participants. Furthermore, any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion will be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook.•
- For any enquiries and/or questions related to this offer, please direct message John West Foods ISI Ltd on our Facebook page:Facebook.com/johnwestireland.•
- By submitting an entry entrants consent and grant the Promoter a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable and transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, and make derivative works of your entry in any media and through any media channel.
- JOHN WEST FRIDGE PACK CHALLENGE PROMOTION Friday October 28th to Sunday 6th November 2016
- Customers in participating Shopping Centres are invited to take part in the John West Fridge Pack Challenge for a chance to win a family weekend to Killary Adventure Centre, Leenane, Co. Galway, Ireland•
- To enter Entrants will be simply asked to attempt to make a sandwich as quickly as possible using John West Fridge pack and the Brennans “Be Good” Bread provided, on completion the competitor must complete an entry form with name, address, contact number and e-mail address.•
- Entrants will be timed as they make their sandwich. The entrant that makes the fastest Sandwich across all participating shopping centres will win a weekend away for 2 adults and 2 children to Killary Adventure Centre.•
- In the unlikely event that there are several entrants with same fastest time the promoter will enter all the fastest entrants into a draw and pick a winner. The prize is a Family Weekend Stay in Killary Adventure Centre which comprises: 2 nights B&B, 1 dinner and 1 day of activities up to 4 activities), without transportation. The voucher is valid for one year from date of issue.•
- Children must be aged between 7 -18 years. Accommodation is based on family sharing in dorm room.•
- The Promoter will validate all official entries and reserves the right to disqualify incomplete, altered or illegible entries. The prizes are non-transferable and non refundable.•
- The decisions of the promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.•
- Only one entry per person is permitted for the duration of the promotion.•
- Competition is only open to residents of ROI aged 18 years or over only excluding employees of John West, their families or affiliated agents.•
- Starting date for entry to the competition is Friday October 28th and closing date for entry is Sunday 6th November 2016. Winner will be announced on or before Friday 11th November 2016 by phone and the result will be posted on the John West Facebook page.•
- If the promoter cannot manage to contact the winner, the Promoter reserves the right to select the next fastest winner or draw from the remaining fastest entries. The winner may be required to participate in relevant publicity, i.e. a photograph of the winning family for use on the JW Facebook page or other similar social media platforms concerning this Promotion.•
- The Promoter may require winners to provide proof of identity and proof of age. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend this Promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control. Proof of submitting an entry is not proof of receipt by the Promoter.•
- Promoter is John West, ISI Ltd 14 Classon House, Dundrum Business Park, Dundrum, Dublin 14. For a Full list of Terms and conditions please send a SAE to John West Fridge Pack Challenge c/o InSight Marketing & Brand Services, Argus House, Malpas Street, Dublin 8.