What’s in my POT of tuna?
Tuna is one of the most popular fish – and tinned tuna makes a quick and easy sandwich, topping for a potato and is amazing in everything from pasta dishes to fish cakes. But it’s not just about taste – tuna is packed with nutrition – protein, vitamin D, B vitamins and selenium. And it’s naturally low in fat.
A 110g pot of no drain tuna will give you 30.8g of high quality protein in a low fat, nutrient packed, seriously tasty package.
Did you know that tuna is packed with Vitamin B12?
Vitamin B12 helps to make new red blood cells as well as reducing fatigue and is part of normal, healthy immune system. A 110g pot of no drain tuna will give well over your full daily amount of vitamin B12.
Missing the sunshine vitamin?
Tuna is rich in vitamin D – needed for healthy bones. We should be getting vitamin D from the sun but it is often not sunny enough for us to make all that we need. Fish like tuna is a great place to top up your sunshine vitamin.
Nutrition Claims from the EU Register of Nutrition and Health Claims:
1. High in protein. One pot of John West No Drain Tuna contains 30.8g of protein. Protein contributes to a growth in muscle mass and to the maintenance of muscle mass.
2. High in Vitamin D. One pot of John West No Drain Tuna contains 3.88mcg of vitamin D. Vitamin D contributes to normal absorption/utilization of calcium and phosphorus and the maintenance of normal bones.
3. Source of Phosphorus. One pot of John West No Drain Tuna contains 165mcg of Phosphorus . Phosphorus contributes to the maintenance of normal bones.
4. High in Vitamin B6 . One pot of John West No Drain Tuna contains 0.45mcg of vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system.
5.High in Vitamin B12. One pot of John West No Drain Tuna contains 3.88mcg of B12. Vitamin B12 contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, normal red blood cell formation and normal function of the immune system.
6. High in Niacin. One pot of John West No Drain Tuna contains 13.96mcg of niacin. Niacin contributes to normal energy yielding metabolism.
7. High in Selenium. One pot of John West No Drain Tuna contains 75.66mcg of selenium. Selenium contributes to the normal function of the immune system and to the maintenance of normal hair and nails.