Fiery Tuna Quesadillas
15 Minutes Serves 2
- 2 80g cans of Infusions Tuna – Tangy Jalapeno
- 2 tbsp finely diced red or green peppers
- 2 heaped tbsp drained and pat-dried sweetcorn kernels
- 2 heaped tbsp drained and pat-dried black beans
- 2 large tbsp of sour cream
- 2 tbsp finely chopped spring onions
- 80g grated mexican cheese
- Parsley sprigs to garnish
- 4 small soft corn tortillaʼs
- Wedges of lime to serve
Place the Infusions Tuna – Tangy Jalapeno, sweetcorn, black beans, peppers and spring onion into a mixing bowl. Add the sour cream and seasoning and mix gently.
Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over a medium heat. Once hot, add a corn tortilla and allow to slightly brown on the bottom.
Spread half of the tuna mixture onto the tortilla and even out making sure that it is not overfilled or spread too close to the edge (leave 1 cm border).Top with half of the cheese. Place a second Tortilla directly on top and press down with the fish slice. After a minute or two using a spatula and the fish slice gently flip the tortillaʼs so that the new tortilla is on the bottom. Leave to brown and crisp for a couple of minutes and for the cheese to melt.
Carefully transfer onto a wooden board and using a pizza wheel or sharp knife cut into wedges. Repeat to make second quesadilla.
Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with soured cream and wedges of lime.
Serve immediately. If you prefer your Quesadillas less fiery, replace the Mexican cheese with plain cheddar.
Watch the video
Share this recipe