Tuna and Halloumi Salad
15 minutes Serves 2
- 1 John West Fridge Pot Tuna in Sunflower oil
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium courgette, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 2 large vine tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 tin or carton chickpeas in water (approx 115g drained weight)
- 1/2 225g pack Halloumi cheese, cut into about 8 slices
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 sprigs fresh flat leaf parsley, leaves picked
No Drain Fridge Pot Tuna Steak With A Little Sunflower Oil
Tuna steak with a drop of sunflower oil. Pack your midweek meals or post-gym snacks with natural protein made easy with our no-drain, fridge-friendly pot.
Slice the courgettes and coat in a few drops of oil. Heat a griddle pan or non-stick frying pan over high heat and griddle the courgettes for 1-2 minutes each side until golden.
Place the spinach, tomatoes and chickpeas onto a serving plate with the griddled courgettes.
Wipe the griddle pan and heat over high heat and add the slices of Halloumi (don’t add any oil). Leave to cook for 2-3 minutes without moving them, until golden, then turn over and cook the other side. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds then transfer to the serving plate.
Sprinkle over the parsley leaves then finish with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
Share this recipe